This is what helps me exercise when I feel like sitting on the couch. This is what gives me extra energy when my house is a disaster and needs to be spic and span. This is what helps give me that little bit of extra attitude when I'm getting dolled up for a date night with hubby. This is my go to when I'm feeling down and need a burst of happiness...
Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Target.
But, not just any music. This is my favorite Latin playlist...
1) Solo por Un Beso - Aventura Can we say super romantic? Listen to that guitar, listen to the beat... if you don't find yourself doing some bachata steps around your house while listening to this, something is wrong with you.
2) LaTortura - Shakira w/Alejandro Sanz I'll admit that I like to pretend I have Shakira's body and I do some hip shakes and body jerks... I've even been tempted to go out to the garage and grab some motor oil or grease and rub it all over my body. (If you have no clue to what I'm referring, watch the video.)
3) Callate - Fulanito If you are learning Spanish, the phrase "Callete y no me digas mas" (Shut up and don't say anything else to me) is a good one to know. You'll have the accent and phrase down pat after this song. This song is full of energy and it is hilarious.
4) I Know You Want Me - Pitbull (Calle Ocho) I love Pitbull's accent when he speaks Spanish. I love to go up to hubby while I'm getting ready before we go out and sing to him, "Rumba, si..... Ella quiere su rumba, como" Especially if we are going out to "rumbiar!" How appropriate.
5) Love You Like A Love Song - Selena Gomez I love this song and I'll keep re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peating it!
6) Cumbia Sobre El Rio - Celso Pina w/Control Machete I suck at bailando cumbia (dancing to cumbia) but damn it - if I don't try every single time I hear this song. It just does something to me.
7) Suavamente - Elvis Crespo You can't help but to move to this song! Echate pa 'ca!
8) Danza Kuduro - Don Omar and Lucenzo I still put a hand up (mano arriba), only move my waist (cintura sola), give 1/2 a turn (da media vuelta) and I have no idea if I'm doing this Danza Kuduro... Oh well, I don't plan on doing it in public so it really doesn't matter.
9) Lamento Boliviano - Enanitos Verdes I love this song ever since I heard hubby play it when he was mixing some music. I do not know much about Enanitos Verdes but I'm making a mental note here and now that I need listen to more of their music. This song is just awesome!
and last but not least...
10) La Misma Gran Senora - Jenni Rivera I love to belt out these lyrics. Sometimes hubby just shakes his head (side to side in a I-can't-believe-she-is-singing-this ...kind of way), but I figure....a little reminder of La Gran Senora que YO SOY isn't hurting anyone.
I'd love to hear your Latin playlist or your favorite song that you'd add to mine. I love learning about new artists.
Leave a comment below for a chance to win a $25 gift card from Target! (make sure I have a way to contact you. ie: email addy, twitter, facebook)
This is a sponsored post. All opinions and information are my own.